25% + VAT
Example: If your claim succeeded and you were refunded £1000 by your lender/bank – you would pay the firm £300 including VAT.
Further Research –
View on Companies House Company Number – 6278129
Registered Address – Railex Business Centre, Crossens Way, Marine Drive, Southport, Merseyside, PR9 9LY
View on Ministry of Justice Website – Authorised since – 2007 – CRM7004
Registered for Data Protection – Z9988740
Fees and Charges as at 6th Feb 2016
Fees & Charges (6th Feb 2016)
Absolutely No Upfront Cost
Gladstone Brookes can help you to get back any money you may be owed whilst making the process as smooth as possible for you. We’ll handle your case every step of the way, all the while keeping you up to date with the progress of your claim. What’s more, we’ll do so with no upfront fees or costs.
Gladstone Brookes will take 25% + VAT (at the prevailing rate) of the total redress offered by your lender. If we are unsuccessful, you don’t pay us!
Our fees are subject to Regulatory Change and will be charged at the prevailing maximum rate, however, we will never charge you in excess of 25% +VAT.
Our No Win, No Fee† service has been successful on over 470,000 cases and responsible for recovering over £775m± of mis-sold PPI. In cases where Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) was attached to the financial agreement, we have a 94% successful reclaim rate for our clients.
Our fees are subject to Regulatory Change and will be charged at the prevailing maximum rate.
For more information on how can we help and to get your PPI claim started, view our claim page.
What will I be claiming for?
At Gladstone Brookes we fight your corner & aim to recover for you:
- 100% of any premiums that you have paid
- Any interest paid on those premiums
- Where possible a further 8% in simple interest
How long will it take?
How long your claim takes will depend upon your individual case, however our average claim timeframe is between 8-16 weeks from the date the lender acknowledges the claim, to a decision being made.
How would I receive my PPI compensation?
This depends on your circumstances as the way your refund would be paid to you depends upon whether your loan is still active or not.
What if I’m still paying my loan?
If you are still paying your loan back, you would receive a lump sum, which should consist of any payments made to date on the policy. What’s more, the remaining loan payments will then be reduced accordingly, meaning your monthly repayments will be lower!
I’ve paid off my loan or credit card, can I still claim?
Yes you can! If you have paid off your loan, you would receive your PPI refund on any successful case in a lump sum, most likely in the form of a cheque from the lender.
Terms and Conditions as at 6th Feb 2016
Terms & Conditions (6th Feb 2016)
Using our Services
- Gladstone Brookes have designed this website with the idea of offering you a source of information. Whilst we endeavour to maintain the site and keep the information held within as up to date as possible, we cannot accept any liability or responsibility for any mistakes or omissions.
- The content of the website concerns our services and is for general information and guidance only. Specific, individual cases may require a unique approach, as circumstances of and particular situations can and will differ from person to person. We will be happy to discuss the specifics of your situation with you, if and when you instruct us to act on your behalf. You should always consult a legal specialist, before deciding to take, or not to take, legal action.
- By using this website and the information contained within, you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions of use. In particular, we will not be liable for any losses, damage (whether direct or indirect and including without limitation, loss suffered as a result of breach of these terms which is not a foreseeable consequence of the breach, lost profits, lost opportunity, goodwill, loss of contracts, increased costs or expenses) arising out of the use or inability to access the information on this website, or as a result of any errors or omissions on the website.
- We do aim to make sure that the website is operational 24hrs a day, but cannot guarantee this, as there are aspects pertaining to the operation of the site, that are out of our hands and if needed, we may suspend access to the website at any time and for any reason and without notice.
- This website does not provide legal advice or make any offers of any sort. By using the site, you agree that you are not relying on the information in the site and its content.
- We cannot accept any liability for any viruses that may be downloaded as a result of using this site, although we do aim to ensure that the website is free from viruses.
- We make no warranties, promises or guarantees, in relation to the content of any sites that are linked to from this website as they are not controlled by Gladstone Brookes and as such, we cannot accept any liability for them.
- All intellectual property rights and copyright in the material on this website belongs to Gladstone Brookes, unless otherwise stated.
FEES – FURTHER EXPLANATIONS
Important Information For You
Gladstone Brookes Ltd (GB) is a financial dispute Resolution Specialist and will handle your complaint about your Lender for the potential mis-selling of your Payment Protection Insurance Policy(s). Your complaint is being submitted to your lender via our complaint process. If unsuccessful we will (if appropriate) refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service for adjudication. We will not use the Court Service and will not risk costing you any money other than our charges, detailed below.
After this, all you need to do is:
- Provide us with as much information and documentation as you have about your policy
- Tell us if you move house or change contact details
- Tell us if the Lender contacts you directly
- Return to us with any information that we need from you
- Allow us to deduct our fee before forwarding the balance to you
- If payment is sent directly to you by the lender, you will satisfy our fees within 14 days
- Gladstone Brookes will do the rest for you as part of the service.
Before finalising this agreement, it is important that we advise you of your options. You can:
- Not return the forms and leave the Lenders unchallenged. This would mean that any potential refund, would stay in their pockets.
- Make the complaint yourself. All Lenders &the Financial Ombudsman Service offer a free service for your complaint. However, we would be happy to make the claim on your behalf. With our experience & understanding of reclaiming PPI – we aim to make the process as smooth as possible for you.
- Sign & return the forms to us. Let Gladstone Brookes challenge your lender & recover what may be owed to you. We have been doing this for tens of thousands of clients & are recovering millions of pounds per month for them.
If your claim is successful any PPI attached to the policy will be cancelled and you will no longer have the PPI cover in place.
Our average claim can take between 8-16 weeks from the date of the lender’s acknowledgement to a decision being made. Please note that delays to this process may occur if the Lender doesn’t investigate your complaint within the allocated time frame.
Also, if the Lender rejects your claim, your case may be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), in which no time frame can be given, but on average FOS are taking 18-24 months from receiving an appeal to making their decision.
Gladstone Brookes will take 25% + VAT (at the prevailing rate) of the total redress offered by your lender. If we do not recover you anything, you don’t pay us!
*Our fees are subject to Regulatory Change and will be charged at the prevailing maximum rate, however, we will never charge you in excess of 25% +VAT.
EXAMPLE OF FEES:
We recover you £1,500.00 from your Lender.
Our fees on this would be £450.00
(25% = £375.00 vat = £75.00)
Please note that we will ask the Lender to investigate all PPI that you may have purchased. Should these cases be upheld, the charges of 25% + VAT will be payable by you. Some providers will also pay 8% Statutory Interest.Please be advised that this payment is subject to income tax. Please note, Gladstone Brookes fees are due on the total amount of redress prior to HMRC’s deduction.
In some instances, your Lender may decide to re-investigate your complaint. If this results in your claim being upheld, you will still be liable for our fees.
What is a Successful Case
Your claim will be deemed as successful if you awarded a return of any of the money that you have paid, in respect of the PPI policy. This will be awarded to you via a lump sum payment or an amendment of your existing loan term.
The payment method adopted will depend on your circumstances. Please note that should your account be in arrears then there is a possibility that any award will be used to clear these arrears.
How are the Fees Paid
You are responsible for the payment of our fees.These fees should be paid from the amount that you are awarded. If you owe us fees on any complaint that we have pursued on your behalf, we reserve the right to offset any redress you receive against your debt to us, regardless of whether redress relates to another complaint we have pursued for you.
My Loan is Still in Force
If you are still paying the loan; your settlement may come in 2 parts.
You will be refunded all of the premiums you’ve paid into the policy to date, along with the interest that you have incurred and in many cases, a further interest of 8% on this figure.
In addition, the premiums that you will pay during the remainder of your loan will be removed from your loan. Your monthly payments will be reduced accordingly, thus saving you a substantial amount of money per month. Again, the total amount recovered could amount to around 30% of your loan.
If this is the settlement that you receive, our fees will be calculated from a combination of the amount recovered in a cash sum & the amount we have reduced your loan by. We expect our fees to be paid out of the lump that you receive. If you benefit financially from a reduction of an existing debt; Gladstone Brookes will require our fees settling on this matter, along with any compensation recovered.
EXAMPLE OF FEES:
- Refund of premiums £1,500
- Reduction of loan £500
- Total amount recovered £2000 our fees on this matter would be £600 (25%- £500, VAT – £100)
EXAMPLE OF FEES/ARREARS:
- = +£400 of arrears,
- = +£1,000 cash
- = -£100 Income TAX Deduction
- Total Offer amount = £1,500
- Cash payment = £1,000
- Net fees = £375
- VAT (TAX) = £75
- Total Fees: = £450
I am claiming on a credit card:
If the credit card we have complained about remains open with an outstanding balance, there is a possibility that your redress will be utilised to reduce your balance. We therefore expect to receive 25% + VAT of any offer received. Please be reminded that you are able to use the Credit Card in question to satisfy our fees.
EXAMPLE OF FEES:
- Refund of premium £200
- Reduction of card balance £300
- Total amount recovered £500 our fees on this matter would be £150 (25% – £125, VAT – £25)
Failure to Pay Fees
If we recover your money and you don’t pay our fees, we have the authority to validate your application details with a Credit Reference Agency. We also reserve the right to perform a trace search on you if you fail to comply with the terms set out in your agreement to assist in recovering our fees.
You are entitled to cancel this agreement at any point within 14 days of us receiving your signed completed documents. After the 14 day cooling off period has lapsed, cancellations may be charged at an hourly rate of £50 per hour for the work completed. Should you wish to cancel, please complete our online cancellation form on this page or contact us for a hard copy of the form. Please note, if you wish to cancel after an offer has been made by your lender, you will be liable for our fees of 25%+VAT of the offer made.
All of your data is controlled & processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 & will be used to help us pursue your complaint. Your files are kept for 6 years & will be returned to you upon request. We reserve the right to charge a fee for the recovery.
If you’re at all dissatisfied with the service, please write to our Complaints Manager, 47 Museum Street, Warrington WA1 1LD or call 08442510510. He will respond within 2 days & look to resolve any issues as soon as possible. If you remain dissatisfied, you can contact the The Legal Ombudsman at PO BOX6804, Wolverhampton WV1 9WG.
At Gladstone Brookes we continually strive to improve the level of service that we provide to our clients. As such, you may receive an invitation to participate in a customer satisfaction survey via Feefo or Survey Monkey.
You are entitled to cancel this agreement at any point within 14 days of us receiving your signed completed documents. After the 14 day cool off period has lapsed, any cancellations may be subject to an hourly rate being charged at a rate of £50 per hour.
You can request to cancel your agreement by emailing email@example.com, or alternatively you can download and print off a cancellation form below, or fill out our electronic cancellation form.
Downloadable Cancellation Form
Electronic Cancellation Form
Consumer Factsheet (Payment Protection Insurance)
If you wish for some guidance on using a company to claim back your mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), then please refer to the Claims Management Regulation Consumer Factsheet.