A Prenuptial Agreement helps you and your partner to make a formal arrangement concerning your financial matters. A Prenuptial Agreement is suitable for couples either getting married or for couples entering into a Civil Partnership.
This fixed fee assumes that you have generally agreed what is to happen should the relationship end.
There are certain legal requirements of such an agreement including the fact that each person must enter the agreement voluntarily, each person must give full and frank disclosure of their assets, each person must have taken independent legal advice and the agreement must be signed at least 21 days before the date of marriage or civil partnership.
What is included in the fixed fee?
- Initial free consultation with one of our expert family lawyers together with the email, telephone number and mobile number for your lawyer.
- Correspondence and discussions with you and your partner.
- Advising you of the issues that may be relevant.
- Drafting the agreement.
- Arranging for the signing of the document.
What is not included in the fixed fee?
- We cannot advise of what arrangement to make as that would involve a complete analysis of your financial situation but we can advise you of the issues that you may need to consider.
- Discussions between the people involved where there is disagreement.
- This does not include cases involving large sums of money in which case you will need to contact us direct for further information.
If at any time one of the above applies to your case or some unforeseen complication arises with your divorce then you will no longer qualify for the fixed fee. We will notify you about this and we can discuss any issues. If appropriate we will try to give you an estimate of the likely costs to be involved in concluding or dealing with your divorce.
Payment of fixed fees – payment should be made at the start of your case. If this not possible or difficult for you then in stages:
Respondents – £150 on initial instructions and £90 upon decree nisi/conditional order.
Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority Registered Number: 619494
Also available at
7 Lewisham Way, London, SE14 6PP
Tel: 020 8244 0444 Fax: 020 8244 0500
15 Old Bailey, London EC4M 7EF
Tel: 020 3170 8422 Fax: 020 3170 7299