What is included in the fixed fee divorce package?
All costs associated with obtaining an uncontested divorce.
An initial appointment or detailed telephone conversation with you is included in the price. We will collect all the relevant details from you, correspond on your behalf with the other parties involved (your spouse and their solicitor, if appropriate) and prepare and file all the relevant papers with the court to obtain a divorce as follows:
- We will complete your Divorce Petition and issue it with the court.
- Where appropriate, we will complete a form called a “Statement of Arrangements for Children” and send to the Court office.
- These documents are then issued by the court and sent to the other party. The other party should then fill in an Acknowledgement of Service form saying whether they accept that the divorce should be granted. We will provide you with a copy of this form.
- We will then prepare your Statement and application for Decree Nisi and file them with the court.
- The District Judge checks all the paperwork to establish that you have proved grounds for divorce. If this is the case the court gives a date upon which Decree Nisi will be pronounced.
- 6 weeks and 1 day later, provided financial issues have been resolved and you have instructed us to do so, we will make an application for Decree Absolute which then ends the marriage.
Throughout this process we will tell you when one of the above steps has been taken. You will be provided with email, telephone and direct dial telephone contact numbers for your solicitor.
The divorce Court will require you to pay standard court fees. These are currently £550, to include the fee for when the Divorce Petition is filed and the fee to apply for Decree Absolute at the end of the case. These are included in our total cost for a fixed fee divorce.