Fixed fee dissolution Petitioner (if you are bringing the dissolution action against someone).
Court Fees £410.00
What is included in the fixed fee?
- Initial free consultation with one of our expert family lawyers together with the email, telephone number and mobile number for your lawyer.
- Correspondence and discussions with you, the court and the other side in respect of the dissolution proceedings.
- Drafting the dissolution supporting documents namely;-
For the Petitioner
- Dissolution Petition
- Statement of Arrangements for the children, where appropriate
- Reconciliation Certificate
- Application for directions for trial of the Petition
- Statement in support of the petition
- Application for the conditional order
- Final Dissolution Order
What is not included in the fixed fee?
- Obtaining a duplicate civil partnership certificate
- Costs involved if the dissolution is defended
- Fees charged by process server or bailiff should it be necessary to arrange personal service of documents
- The cost of amending dissolution papers after they have been lodged with the court.
- Dealing with any issue relating to the children, property, finances or domestic violence
- The cost of tracing one party
- The costs of applications for additional directions or orders such as deemed service or substituted service or omitting an address from documents.
- Representing you at court in respect of your dissolution
- Enforcing costs orders made
- Defending any allegations made
If at any time one of the above applies to your case or some unforeseen complication arises with your divorce then you will no longer qualify for the fixed fee. We will notify you about this and we can discuss any issues. If appropriate we will try to give you an estimate of the likely costs to be involved in concluding or dealing with your civil partnership dissolution.
Payment of fixed fees – payment should be made at the start of your case. If this not possible or difficult for you then in stages:
Petitioner – first payment on initial instruction of £600 (which includes £410 court fee to start the dissolution). Then £100.00 when dealing with directions for trial and the balance of £178.00 on or before application for the final dissolution order.
Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority Registered Number: 566122
Also available at
7 Lewisham Way, London, SE14 6PP
Tel: 020 8244 0444 Fax: 020 8244 0500
15 Old Bailey, London EC4M 7EF
Tel: 020 3170 8422 Fax: 020 3170 7299